The Alexia Foundation is pleased to announce that it will be hosting the Latin America: Stories That Drive Change Seminar at The University of Miami in Miami, Florida on April 8 and 9. The University of Miami School of Communication, The Knight Foundation, PhotoWings and Nikon are co-sponsors of this event.
The seminar will be an opportunity to share and celebrate photojournalism by Latin American and Latino journalists. It will also help all visual journalists learn how to better develop and support their own work.
- see the best photography by Latin American and Latino photographers
- learn about developing relationships and working with photo editors at the world’s top publications
- gain understanding about using Instagram to further reach
- learn how VR can be incorporated into one’s own work
- learn how to successfully apply for numerous grant opportunities
- be inspired to develop passion projects and find one’s own photographic voice
Speakers include National Geographic Photographer Ami Vitale, National Geographic Photographer and Quito Cultural Minister Pablo Corral Vega, Syracuse University’s Alexia Tsairis Chair of Documentary Photography Mike Davis, Photographer and Inaugural Getty Instagram Grant Winner Adriana Zehbrauskas, Managing Editor of LIFE VR, TIME Inc’s New Virtual Reality Brand, Mia Tramz and National Geographic’s Deputy Director of Photography Whitney Johnson.
The seminar will be moderated by Rich Beckman, Director of the Graduate Program for Journalism and Media Management at the University of Miami School of Communication.