Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a full-time, experienced retoucher to create and retouch high quality product images for our website. The retoucher plays a critical role in ensuring the quality of our brand and customer experience is maintained, while consistently meeting deadlines. In addition to having a sharp eye for the details associated with fine jewelry imagery, this individual should be highly organized, self-motivated and have experience working cross-functionally.
To be considered for this role, interested candidates must provide a portfolio with examples of prior work in the luxury space, ideally with fine jewelry, as well as demonstrate skills through a series of tests designed to evaluate skills of retouching, compositing, color correction and photo stacking, as well as knowledge of relevant software, particularly Adobe Photoshop. Candidates must demonstrate strong technical skills as well as an eye for detail and the ability to represent our desired aesthetic.
Image content editing
- Execute high quality retouching, compositing of images from multiple image sources, image prepping, color correcting, color matching and masking for digital product and on-model imagery.
- Use Photoshop and other software programs to alter image content.
- Evaluate images to ensure they meet Brilliant Earth imagery standards, including proper metal, diamond, gemstone and skin tone color, contrast and shadows. Ensure visual consistency of images within projects and across the overall website.
- Verify color of products using physical samples and reference files.
- Participate in reviewing other’s work for quality and accuracy as part of ongoing quality program.
Project and File management
- Coordinate and manage photo shoots with external photographers to communicate expectations around composition and timelines.
- Utilize image and project tracking systems to assure on-time completion of retouching tasks and milestones. Meet weekly image goals, ensuring deadlines are consistently met and displaying flexibility when deadlines change. Escalate projects with photographers and internal teams when necessary to keep projects on track.
- Maintain an organized image archive of all digital assets.
- Communicate to cross-functional teams on status of assignments.
- Take ownership and responsibility for image content at the project level, working with creative teams and relaying critical information to business partners.
- Follow creative direction from Senior Team Members and build upon creative ideas as needed.
- Participate in process improvement efforts and various production meetings to foster a positive creative impact.
- Communicate with Product Development, Production and Marketing teams to meet deadlines and project expectations.
- Applicants must include a link to a portfolio or samples of their work.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in Photography and Digital Imaging required
- 5+ years of photo retouching experience required
- Strong understanding of digital file handling, photography, and graphic design
- Experience in high-end/luxury product photography, including jewelry, and an ecommerce environment
- Possess the ability to skillfully execute adjustments via color correction, pathing, masking, compositing
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat (preferred not required), After Effects, Premier Pro, Lightroom)
- Understanding Photoshop action sets, image resolution, color space, and image file formats
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and use of FTP
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Superior eye for detail
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of still and video photography (or studio work experience) and video editing a plus