Thirty-One Gifts LLC is a collection of Direct Selling brands that includes Jewell and JK by Thirty-One. We offer exclusive on-trend, stylish and practical handbags, fashion accessories, totes, jewelry, and organization solutions. We are a faith-based company whose culture celebrates, encourages, and rewards its employees. We believe that if someone is satisfied and successful at work, they will be satisfied and successful in other areas of their life. Our goal is to help all employees achieve personal and professional success and that they feel part of a family and part of something special.
The Photographer achieves assigned goals and objectives in an accurate and timely manner, advising supervisor of issues and/or opportunities. Works under general supervision to produce projects within schedule parameters and with acceptable results as dictated by the scope of the projects Creates photo images with digital technology in studio and on location of still-life and live subjects for printed ads, signs, packaging, architectural, portraits, archival, P.R., corporate support, communications, presentations and events. Develops, arranges and photographs simple to complex photographic sets that follow given creative guidance and professional experience This position requires up to 20% travel annually plus some weekends and evenings, as needed.
Photography – 90%
- Shoots each item appropriately, according to overall creative vision and ensures deadlines are met.
- Builds sets, establishes lighting schematic, and composes imagery that meet creative direction. Brings a point of view that helps communicate the intended story or outcome.
- Sorts, assembles and preps samples, acquires additional samples and props as required for simple to complex photo sets, as needed. Ensures completeness of supply samples against layouts.
- Collaborates on overall photographic approach from assigned layout, based on guidance from Marketing/Creative strategy team. Provides input based on professional experience.
- Based on professional experience, calculates exposures digital capture, process imagery, and delivers to Retouching department or Designers.
- Based on creativity, retouches images, remove imperfections, and improves contrast, color and sharpness, as needed (most bulk retouching performed by freelancers).
- Inputs meta data of each image for data-driven asset management.
- Assists in designing, creating and break down of sets, store merchandise, backgrounds and props in appropriate areas.
- Organizes, prioritizes and determines the effort necessary to complete assigned projects on schedule.
- Analyzes needs for photo shoots and recommends budget accordingly. Modifies as necessary based on professional experience.
- Maintains equipment, overall studio space and common areas, which includes ordering supplies and repairs.
- Ensures brand consistency in all photos, across all mediums based on professional experience.
- Manages processes and policies to enhance photo capture process and quality (megapixels per camera, efficiency of equipment, budgets, ROI on enhancements, etc.)
- Schedules photo shoots and ensures all components are set up for success based on professional experience.
- Gathers set and prop components for photo shoots, as needed.
- Scouts locations for both video and print production based on professional experience.
Support External Groups – 10%
- Shoots consultant events, philanthropic arm, consultant photography and other corporate events, as needed based on professional experience.
- A. or B.F.A. (Fine Arts) or Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Commercial Photography
- Digital asset management experience
- Experience with commercial studio photography and shooting a wide variety of general merchandise
- Tabletop and lifestyle photography experience required, both on location and in studio
- Possess excellent communication, flexibility, and leadership skills
- Ability to problem-solve, maintain organization, and thrive in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient with digital imaging
- Experienced in both PC and MAC platforms
- Working knowledge of graphic and imaging programs, including Photoshop, Light Room and Adobe Bridge
- Knowledge of scanning/image editing and photo lab a plus
- Ability to work well independently and follow direction. When direction is limited, ability to problem-solve and elevate imagery
- Cross-functional team player – collaborate well with designers, stylists, and external partners
- Proficient in setting up studio lighting and other lighting techniques
- Effectively communicate and share photographic trends and elevate photography through innovative techniques and competitive research
- Projects may require travel