Hillary for America is now accepting applications for the position of Director of African American Paid Media.
This position will report to the Director of Paid Media and will play a critical role within a tight-knit team at HFA’s Brooklyn headquarters, overseeing every aspect of development, production and placement of media targeted to African American voters across platforms, including TV, radio, digital, direct mail and print advertising.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the HFA Paid Media team’s efforts on all projects targeted to African American voters.
- Work with Paid Media and Opinion Research teams to develop and test messaging and themes to inform paid media decision making.
- Design and implement state-by-state media plans to reach, mobilize and persuade African American voters.
- Manage a team of consultants that produce paid media creative.
- Serve as a liaison to other HFA departments – including Political, Communications and battleground state leadership teams – on all aspects of the campaign’s communications with African American voters.
- Work with campaign leadership at HQ and in states to ensure that HFA’s paid media addresses organizational needs.
Skills and Background
- At least 5-7 years experience in political campaigns, media consulting or a related field, with experience managing paid media programs strongly preferred.
- Experience and expertise communicating with African American communities.
- A basic understanding of the benefits and limitations of different media -TV, radio, digital, mail and print – and how these media can work in tandem.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and objectives simultaneously and seamlessly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a collegial temperament and an appreciation for the multifaceted strategic and political challenges encountered by campaigns.
- A passion for electing Hillary Clinton the next President of the United States.
Hillary for America is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity on our team, and recognize that our continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse team that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion. Consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other legally protected basis.