Under the supervision and direction of NPR Visuals’ daily photo editing team, the intern will assist with selection and processing of photos for news and feature coverage on NPR.org. Additionally, the intern will have opportunities to pitch and cover stories.
Works with digital news teams to assist with visual story development including:
• Editing staff, freelance and wire photos
• Post-production of photos for the website
• Researching and pitching original story ideas
• Excellent writing, researching and editing skills
• Ability to work quickly, accurately and under deadline
• Flexibility and creativity needed
• Strong photography skills
• Video and audio skills a plus
A portfolio (featuring photography, editing, or multimedia) is required for consideration. The preferred format would be a link in your resume and/or cover letter to a portfolio website of your work. If you don’t have a website, upload a PDF of your multimedia projects or a list of links to work that has been published, if available. If uploading your projects and the attachments are too large, please enter the link in your resume and your cover letter.
Before you apply, please read our blog post about how to apply! It includes instructions on how to write the best cover letter! Please do not apply for more than 3 internships.