This internship will support NPR’s bi-coastal morning news program, Morning Edition.
Please note: This internship is located in Culver City, CA (NPR West office).
- Conduct research for daily stories and long-term projects; put together detailed research packets to help staffers prepare for interviews
- Book interviews
- Obtain archival tape and transcribe interviews
- Help get the program on the air, which includes performing routine administrative tasks
- Should have a strong interest in the news, follow current events, and be prepared to offer story ideas (Journalism major not required)
- Excellent writing, research, and social media skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Radio experience
- Audio editing skills
Before applying, we strongly encourage you to read our Internship FAQ’s here. Please do not apply for more than 3 internships.