The Statesville (N.C.) Record & Landmark, a 15,000 daily circulation newspaper 50 miles north of Charlotte, has an immediate opening for a star photojournalist.
We’re looking for someone who embraces challenges, loves breaking news and doesn’t hesitate to jump at an opportunity. Most importantly, our candidate knows what it takes to get the perfect shot and to make the mundane interesting.
We want someone who can do more than take great photos — that’s a given. Our candidate will use compelling photos and videos to tell the stories of our diverse community.
Reporting experience is a plus, as our photographer is expected to write clear and concise captions and will write stories occasionally as well.
This job will be open in early April.
Our candidate will:
– Have prior news photography experience working in print or online media; news, sports, features and everything in between
– Have knowledge of journalism principles, enterprise and artistic techniques, editorial and ethical standards
– Have experience producing compelling video content
– Constantly generate ideas and work closely will the editor and reporters on long-range projects
– Ensure that all pictures are appropriate, processed, archived and ready in time to meet deadlines
– Be a PhotoShop wiz
– Be a social media standout
– Be hungry. Be excited. Be out the door when news breaks.
Send resume (including references) and samples of your work (online portfolios are great) to Editor Dave Ibach at email@example.com