The Pensacola News Journal is a dynamic media organization and the leader in delivering engaging news, information and entertainment in Florida. We are looking for a Photographer/Videographer to create and develop visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using photography, videography and text to inform, engage and entertain our audience. A qualified candidate should demonstrate high command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in photo/video storytelling and community engagement.
In this position, you will also act as a public ambassador through community outreach, and will be expected to connect with readers – through social media, on camera and in person through forums and other live events. Works on special projects and performs editing of visuals when needed.
A qualified candidate should have:
- Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography).
- Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software and Adobe Photoshop.
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers’ time and money.
- Self-motivation and self-direction.
- Industry knowledge.
- Organizational skills.
- Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Knows how to use time efficiently in a 24-hour news environment.
- Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.