Job Listing: Georgia Public Broadcasting is hiring an online producer.
Digital Content Journalist
With direction from the News Director, this position is responsible for the creation, editing, curation and implementation of day-to-day news and information on gpb.org and GPB News social media sites. We’re looking for a journalist who knows the web and loves to dig into issues, find the human side of policy debates, and explore a range of topics. He/she will work collaboratively with news and talk show staff in a cross-platform environment where all content producers are expected to contribute to radio, television and digital. We’re a highly collaborative organization that values new ideas.
• Assess content from a variety of sources to determine how it fits into daily coverage and user needs
• Write and edit copy, write headlines, and select/prioritize stories for featured placement on GPB.org and social media platforms
• Develop and produce original content for GPB.org using a mix of traditional and new media storytelling elements including audio, video, text, still photography, and slideshows
• Train news team on using digital tools (i.e. CMS, online photo galleries, YouTube, SoundCloud, etc) and work with hosts, reporters, producers, bureaus to publish news content, photos, videos, etc. in a timely manner
• Provide regular reports and analysis on web and social media traffic
• Track digital journalism trends and innovations to make GPB a leader in online storytelling, presentation and engagement
• Other duties as assigned; opportunity exists to cross-train in radio and/or television journalismCandidate Qualifications:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
• Digital content creation and web publishing experience in a broadcast or digital news environment preferred
• Proven editorial judgment and excellent research, writing, editing and AP proofreading skills.
• Knowledge of all facets of online content production, including writing for web, copy editing, HTML and photography
• Understanding of data analytics and computer-assisted reporting and a basic understanding of charts, maps and other digital tools that can enhance content.
• Audio/video production skills preferred
• Experience with social media platforms required
• Ability to track multiple projects, work under deadline pressure, communicate across departments, and respond effectively to diverse and challenging circumstances
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends depending on news cycle
Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
Upload resume, references and applicant form on the GPBs Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs
ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until FilledGeorgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DATE POSTED: July 15, 2015 RECRUITMENT NUMBER: C-19-15