Project San Francisco 2015: Working & Photographing with Nonprofits
in collaboration with Leica Camera
The Leica Store
San Francisco, California
September 16 – 20, 2015
Registration is limited. Only 2 spots remaining for this workshop.
Join Momenta and our friends at the Leica Store and Leica Akademie for our very first San Francisco nonprofit workshop! We assign each student a different nonprofit, based on your interests and goals for your photography. Together, we’ll work to help you create a photo story that speaks to the mission of the organization. You’ll also get nightly lectures and a full day of business skills training. Plus, this experience includes daily, 1-on-1 editing sessions with an instructor to go over all your photos in an personal, focused feedback session.
What To Expect
- You will receive your own nonprofit to work with, based on feedback from our pre-workshop student questionnaire
- Momenta handles all pre-workshop logistics for nonprofit assignments including introductions to each nonprofit occurring about 1-2 weeks before the workshop
- Your work benefits small, local nonprofits in their need to publicize & project their activities to new audiences
- Momenta presents an intensive instruction on Photo Mechanic & photo asset archiving. And you will receive a 2 month free demo copy of Photo Mechanic
- Nightly slideshows & group critiques combine
- You also receive private, 1-on-1 editing sessions with an instructor for approximately 1 hour each day
- Presentations including topics of narrative storytelling, elements of a photo story, & history of documentary photography
- Voluntary multimedia instruction & editing for interested attendees
- A full day of business skills workshops including How to Fund Personal Projects, Grantwriting & Crowdfunding Tips, Making Nonprofits Work for Your Business Model, and more.