Date:Jun 18, 2015
Location: Gdynia, Poland
ROLE OVERVIEW Reuters is looking for enthusiastic candidates with fluent English knowledge (fluent written English is a must) and a sharp eye for detail to join the global team editing its news pictures service. The team is based at our centre in Gdynia, Poland.
The Global Pictures Desk is responsible for ensuring the quality, fairness, accuracy and speed of delivery of Reuters’ pictures to our clients worldwide. The successful candidates will contribute to the daily picture file by using the skills we will teach and personal initiative in a strong team setting.
– Gathering images sent in from editors and photographers from around the globe;
– Processing images and researching, writing captions in English quickly and accurately so photos can be delivered to our global clients;
– Maintaining close operational links with text, video and on-line operations is also essential.
– A strong command of written and spoken English is a must;
– Team player with strong interpersonal skills and attention to details while working under pressure;
– Educational requirements: English language studies, Mass communication / Journalism would be an advantage;
– Be up-to-date on global current affairs;
– Must be willing to work shifts in this occasional 24/7 environment, including weekends and public holidays, with the occasional overnight shift);
– Short experience and/or general interest in photography and/or journalism preferred but not necessary.
– Job in an international, dynamic environment where you contribute to building innovative solutions for business professionals
– Intensive training package
– Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
– Pension Plan
– Company social incentives
– High standards of ethics in the workplace
– Networking opportunities
– 2 additional days off for voluntary activities
Job: News & Editorial Family Group
Primary Location: Gdynia, PL
Organization: Reuters Pictures
Job Type: Standard