The successful candidate will manage Audio Visual functions, including a moderate level of IT support, to ensure the seamless delivery of AV services and presentations throughout the organization while maintaining a professional attitude and appearance at all times. The candidate will serve as a “hands on” technical resource for all corporate events, conferences, and daily meetings. This position will require expertise in a wide array of fields including audio and sound reinforcement, telephone / video / web conferencing, and information technology. Excellent troubleshooting skills and scheduling flexibility are required.
- Responsible for operation and troubleshooting of AV equipment, phones, and computers in the executive board room, conference rooms, and meeting spaces throughout NPR. Routinely test all existing equipment and workflows to ensure a positive, consistent, and high quality conference room experience for all users. Provide initial troubleshooting and problem assessment to all conference room clients and resolve problems quickly and professionally. Maintain a professional appearance and a positive, customer support oriented, demeanor at all times.
- Proactively compare technical setup against conference room booking information and provide customized solutions and support for high profile events.
- Ensure that Audio/Visual conferencing and peripheral equipment is compatible and operational with all remote locations and identify factors that could negatively impact the productivity or participation of attendees.
- Set up and operate public address systems for small and medium size NPR events. Skillfully provide sound reinforcement for complex events, often including remote participants, in a manner that reflects NPR’s commitment to high quality audio production.
- Operate audio, video, lighting, computer, recording, projecting, and conferencing equipment for corporate activities, leadership meetings, training sessions, and other high-profile events.
- Develop and maintain written standard operating procedures. Educate clients on proper usage of audio video conferencing equipment.
- Promptly respond to requests from customers, colleagues and other stakeholders. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Oversee operation of NPR ReadyCam facility for live and pre-taped television interviews.
- Embed with NPR’s IT department and assist in help desk tickets as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: College degree in the audio, video, or information technology preferred, and/or industry certifications