A photo and video portfolio is required for this position. Please provide a link in your cover letter where we can access that information. The video should be no longer than two minutes.
A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications as well as your knowledge, skills, and abilities is required for this position.
The primary responsibility of the photographer/videographer is to record images of college events and the LCCC experience as a whole, either with still photography or videography. The photographer/videographer must schedule studio or on-location shoots and take the photos and/or video. The photographer/videographer must also distribute the images to event organizers, graphic designers, or other parties, as well as catalog the images and video in a searchable database.
Secondary responsibilities of the photographer/videographer may include backing up the graphic designers and creating designs for use in advertising and publicizing the college. The photographer/videographer also is responsible for submitting photos and videos to the college’s social media coordinator and cataloging the archive of photos and videos taken throughout the college’s history.
This is a Professional Level I position. For Salary Schedule and Benefits Information please visit: For full listing of benefits, visit Benefits and Salary.
Priority Screening Date: Position is open until filled. Priority screening to begin July 8th, 2015.
Starting Date: August 24, 2015.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
• Take photos and video of all major college events.
• Maintain a database of photos and video displaying elements of the LCCC experience.
• Maintain an easy to use file system with contact sheets for digital photography and film photography.
• Make decisions on design based on college priorities.
• Take headshots for employee directory.
• Make recommendations of equipment and software for photography needs.
• Hire and supervise freelance photographers (when necessary) and work studies to work on various projects.
Nonessential Functions: An employee in this position may perform some of these responsibilities on an infrequent basis.
• Assist graphic designers when needed.
• Assist with secretarial functions when necessary.
• Proofread documents for errors when designing.
• Other duties as assigned.