Summary of responsibilities: The News Intern will act as the focal point of the newsroom on a daily basis, monitoring breaking news and developments and assigns crews to cover daily news.
The intern will work up to 40 hours per week. The News department is hiring one summer intern.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating and scheduling reporters, photographers and other personnel to cover stories.
• Monitors all police and emergency scanners and electronic/printed sources, determines if a story is news worthy.
• Story and Series planning, with close coordination of Assignments Manager, Executive Producer, News Director and other members of newsroom management.
• Answer newsroom phones, researching stories, and keeping track of daily activities of a busy newsroom.
• Setting up and coordinating live remotes inside and outside the building.
• Working with reporters, producers and news sources to gather information and develop sources.
• Coordinate with other departments to complete stories and projects.
• Create and coordinate short-range planning to meet department editorial goals.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, is a plus
• Must be willing to work in Hialeah, Florida
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English (speak, read & write)
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through http://www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be able to work the duration of Program (10 weeks) – June 8th-August 14th
• Project-based internship program
• Minimum 3.0 average
• Sophomore standing or higher (30+ credits)
• Must have unlimited authorization to work in the US in a paid position
• Attending an Accredited Institution and working towards earning an Associates, Bachelors, or Graduate degree
• Must be 18 years of age or older