The successful candidate will manage Audio Visual functions, including a moderate level of IT support, to ensure the seamless delivery of AV services and presentations throughout the organization while maintaining a professional attitude and appearance at all times. The candidate will serve as a “hands on” technical resource for all corporate events, conferences, and daily meetings. This position will require expertise in a wide array of fields including audio and sound reinforcement, telephone / video / web conferencing, and information technology. Excellent troubleshooting skills and scheduling flexibility are required.
- Responsible for the daily delivery, set up, testing, and strike of audio visual equipment as needed. Check equipment and room configuration against conference booking information. Test all existing equipment, phones, and computers to ensure a positive and consistent conference room experience for all clients. Maintain a professional appearance and a positive, customer support oriented, demeanor at all times. Protect company assets and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Oversee the set-up, operation and troubleshooting of AV equipment, devices, phones, and computers in conference and meeting rooms. Ensure all AV equipment is fully operational, clean, and well maintained. Report equipment failures promptly. Ensure that quality expectations are achieved and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Provide initial troubleshooting and problem assessment to all conference room clients and resolve quickly if possible (or escalate as appropriate).
- Develop weekly testing protocol and systematically check all systems for proper performance and configuration.
- Ensure that Audio/Visual conferencing and peripheral equipment is compatible and operational with all remote locations and identify factors that could negatively impact the productivity or participation of attendees. Research state-of-the-art equipment, emerging technologies and industry trends and advise and recommend equipment purchases to ensure NPR Technology stays on the leading edge.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests and anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Educate the users of the conference/meeting rooms on proper usage of equipment and in the use of control systems, networked environments, and video & audio conferencing. Develop and maintain written standard operating procedures.
- Respond to customer inquiries concerning support requests, systems status, and network connectivity.
- Promptly respond to requests from customers, colleagues and other stakeholders. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Operate audio, video, lighting, computer, recording, and conferencing equipment for corporate activities, leadership meetings, training sessions, and other high-profile events.
- Oversee operation of NPR ReadyCam facility for live and pre-taped television interviews featuring NPR employees.
- Reach, grasp, turn, manipulate, move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 75 pounds.
- Proactively monitor appropriate communications channels and scheduling software
- Delegate or escalate where necessary but retain ownership to follow-up and ensure follow-through
- Other duties as assigned
Must possess high levels of technical knowledge and interpersonal skills, and oversee Audio Visual operations. Must be able to act as a liaison between the organization and clients and have the ability to exceed client’s goals and objectives. Must be proficient with a wide range of technologies related to professional audiovisual operation and support.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a conference audio/visual environment with excellent sound reinforcement abilities. Must have in-depth knowledge of Macs, PCs, audio and video interfaces, audio and video file formats, wired and wireless networks, remote desktop procedures, common web conferencing tools (GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, WebEx, JoinMe, TeamViewer, Zoom, Skype, Google Hangout, etc), telephone bridge management systems (Sonexis), and typical conference room software applications (Powerpoint, Keynote, Excel).
- Must understand broadcast audio and video principles and routings, cameras, wireless microphones, etc.
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service and client interaction abilities.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving abilities under high-pressure circumstances.
- Experience with Crestron 2-Series Control Systems operation and configuration highly preferred.
- Experience with Vaddio and Polycom conferencing systems preferred.
- Experience with hanging and focusing lights preferred.
- Set up communication process including daily meetings, team meetings, communication log, etc.
- Identify continuous improvement processes for seamless customer service.
- Follow up on service challenges and take corrective action.
- Familiarity with pubic radio preferred.
Physical Demands of Job:
- Physically move or relocate equipment up to 75lbs by yourself.
- Ability to climb ladders and or scaffolding up to 25 feet.
- Able to sit for a minimum of 2 hours at a time during production.
- Frequent walking, standing, and sitting
- May require stooping and crouching.