We are seeking a seasoned and motivated publicity executive who has direct experience overseeing and executing all facets of theatrical publicity campaigns. Must have strong editorial and talent relationships, and have direct prior experience running theatrical film campaigns. Must have experience overseeing production publicity and managing curation and creation of assets during and after production. Background in managing budgets is also required. Ideal candidate is a creative, strategic thinker who is detail oriented, able to work effectively as part of a team and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Work in concert with Publicity Vice Presidents to manage day-to-day activity on all publicity campaigns: includes liaising with talent representatives, managing master campaign calendar; overseeing press days, press stunts, press junkets; pitching broadcast, print, radio outlets to secure coverage for all releases.
- Manage publicity department’s asset needs and deadlines by working in concert with publicity executives, creative marketing and digital team specials & photo editors. This includes helping to track available AV assets including behind-the-scenes programming, clips, TV specials, content for editorial partners and awards reels. Will work closely with creative marketing to manage talent participation in all special shoots.
- Supervise photo editors and manage publicity asset needs and priorities (exclusives, specials) and work closely with photo editors to manage deadlines in concert with Publicity Vice Presidents
- Serve as primary liaison with international partners (internal and external), and USHE to manage deadlines, asset debuts, and publicity campaign strategy and timelines.
- Supervise production publicity for all Focus Features releases which includes hiring unit publicists and photographers in concert with the producers; initiating strategy calls with filmmakers and publicity executives; communicating protocol and deadlines to unit publicists and photographers; and serving as the primary liaison between production and publicity; and working closely with creative marketing.
- Oversee all domestic film festival logistics and planning for department which includes overseeing budgets, master schedules and communicating with publicity department executives and talent representatives
- Develop and manage guild relationships throughout the year (which includes setting special screenings, coordinating Q&A’s, and liaising with guilds re: deadlines, policies and submissions).
- Work closely with department’s Vice Presidents and talent reps to pitch and coordinate editorial opportunities for cast, filmmakers, and below the line talent
- Work with head of department to create and manage departmental budgets; this includes liaising with the finance team to provide updates and reports as necessary and working the publicity executives to track spending
- Serve as primary liaison with physical production department to develop production timelines for each project and serve as publicity department representative in all physical production meetings
- Initiate, pitch and monitor special issue editorial (broadcast & print) throughout the year
- Supervise awards office to manage all timelines, submissions and mailings
More info at: