Digital Media Manager
KTOO is recruiting for a Digital Media Manager to join our talented public media team. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in journalism and online content management, including writing and editing for the web, graphic design and website management. The person we hire will be responsible for writing, editing and posting multimedia content and for website development and design.
The Digital Media Manager will work closely with KTOO’s News and Public Affairs and Arts and Culture teams, so strong communication skills are required. Tasks require attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines, as well as a thorough understanding of the use of the Internet for delivering multimedia content and engaging audiences.
- Creates, develops and manages content for multiple public media websites, including text, audio, video, photos and graphics
- Creates special web and broadcast content projects
- Contributes content to daily news efforts on all platforms
- Produces special enterprise reporting projects
- Provides editorial supervision, guidance and assistance to reporters for digital media stories and projects
- Edits web and social media content and serves as home page editor
- Researches, writes and reports for news and public affairs programs on all platforms
- Journalism skills, including news reporting, writing, editing, photography and video editing
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with content management systems and open source platforms, including WordPress
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience managing content and production for websites
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide news reporting and program production. Juneau is a small but cosmopolitan capital city of 32,000 people with some of the highest per capita education and income levels in state. Located in the heart of the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. The community is safe, attractive and offers abundant outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, skiing, climbing and hiking, in a magnificent natural setting. Two hours from Seattle, Juneau’s climate is more like the Pacific Northwest than Interior Alaska. The weather is wet and mild with summer highs in the 60s and 70s and winter lows in the 30s.
Send application materials to:
Submit a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.