NHL Images, the League’s business unit responsible for photography, is looking for a full-time Manager to oversee the NHL’s Team Photography Program, photography for NHL events and day-to-day photo activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Plan, coordinate and oversee photography activities at all NHL Events.
– Oversee all aspects of the NHL Team Photography Program; communicate daily with NHL Teams and team photographers to coordinate League and Team game photography needs.
– Oversee day-to-day photo operations (e.g., netcam approvals, remote camera reviews, photo hole / position policies and regulations).
– Gather and fulfill NHL internal image capture requests.
– Photograph NHL special shoots where appropriate (e.g., player visits to NHL Store; in office corporate shoots, etc.)
– Caption and post imagery to internal and external content management systems
– Travel required (approximately 30% of the year).
– Knowledge and understanding of photographic technology and the photo industry.
– Proficient in PhotoMechanic and Adobe Photoshop.
– Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task.
– Excellent organizational, communication and collaboration skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
– Experience in sports event photography planning.
– Experience working as a professional photographer.
– Background in editorial media.
– Hockey knowledge a strong plus.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have the legal right to work in the United States?
2. Are you willing and able to work from our midtown Manhattan office on a daily basis?
3. Are you willing and able to travel for business purposes?
4. Do you have prior experience as a professional photographer? Where did you obtain this experience?
5. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest) please rate your hockey knowledge.
6. How much are you currently earning?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.