Philadelphia magazine, one of America’s most honored and respected city magazines, has an immediate opening for an Art Director to join our 3-person design team.
Reporting to the Design Director, the Art Director will be responsible for designing features and department pages. Experience directing photography and assigning illustration is required. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with a sophisticated design aesthetic and a positive attitude, is able to work under tight deadlines, and has experience bringing projects from concept to completion.
• Minimum of 5 years of editorial design experience
• A strong knowledge of typography and a modern, cosmopolitan design sensibility
• Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• A positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task on multiple projects at once
Philadelphia covers a broad range of subjects—from food and lifestyle to politics and crime. The magazine has been honored with multiple CRMA nominations (13 in 2015) and awards (6 in 2014, including a win in General Excellence).
In addition to monthly issue duties, the Art Director will work on our Wedding and Wellness publications and will assist with producing art for select web stories.
This is a full-time position based in Center City Philadelphia. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé and work samples (pdf samples and/or a link to an online portfolio or website) to email@example.com with the subject line PM Art Director Search. Please keep emails under 5MB.