Who You Are:
Entertainment Picture Desk Editors are responsible for receiving, editing and distributing content to the global editorial market under constant deadlines while ensuring quality, editorial integrity and timely distribution. This position handles live and non-live workflows depending on assignment. Entertainment Picture Desk Editors support major entertainment events on site if needed.
Entertainment Picture Desk Editors possess a strong understanding of their specialized field (current events, celebrities and entertainment). This position requires keen image judgment, advanced knowledge and experience with industry standard editing tools and an understanding of editorial integrity operations. Photoshop skills are mandatory and used for proper enhancement of digital images such as: color correction, sharpening, cropping and digital noise reduction. Two to five years of experience within the editorial photography industry are preferred. Working nonsocial hours in the evening and weekends will be required.
Your Next Challenge:
• Edits imagery submitted to the picture desk by selecting the most relevant, saleable and newsworthy images from each event for the live wire service (global and regional) or non-live products as required by clients. Editing tasks include: prioritizing images according to relevancy and deadlines, checking IPCT for correct metadata, creating events for incoming content and assigning routing information for our client feeds
• Site maintenance: Monitors website and executes updates, error corrections, thumbnail changes and featured stories throughout shift to keep site current and timely. This includes troubleshooting any errors on incoming content and escalating any issues as necessary
• Reviews and corrects metadata on images to conform to guidelines. Searches internet for information or translation and adds relevant details if needed
• Coordinates with photographers or image partners to confirm submissions, ensure image quality, proper metadata and that the edit is a comprehensive covering all aspects of picture story
• Ensures event coverage operates efficiently through the desk by working closely with those in the field (photographers, assignments and editors) by reviewing and confirming test images prior to events
• Maintains and exercises editorial integrity and journalistic standards on relevant content
• Occasionally attends and supports editing in the field to cover specialized assignments and major events
What You’ll Need:
• Minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience or education in this field
• Experience in editorial photography digital imaging industry as a photo editor is preferred
• Proven news judgment and acute awareness of global news, sport, and entertainment events. Focused and principled with a strong sense of editorial integrity and journalism ethics when appropriate
• Previous experience in fast paced deadline environment where attention to detail is maintained while exercising patience and diplomacy in pressure situations
• Ability to prioritize workload while meeting strict deadlines with accuracy and efficiently in a global environment
• Technical knowledge includes: proficient level with standard industry editing tools such as Photoshop and asset management software, basic skills in Windows and Mac OS X based systems and applications
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry style of captioning and metadata standards with strong writing, spelling and grammar skills
• Advanced verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, working in a team environment
• Must be comfortable with working unusual shift hours and patterns, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site http://www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site http://www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at http://www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com.