As a Visual Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of design process, from concept development to inspecting pixels just before launch. You will rely on a full range of design skills from interaction design to product design to visual design. This role represents design on multidisciplinary project teams, working with interaction designers, product managers, and developers. Your job is to drive product vision and foster positive digital experiences for millions of NPR consumers.
Essential Duties Include:
- Create elegant and useful design systems that define the NPR digital experience across platforms.
- Distill complex interactions into clear, understandable design solutions and communicate them to stakeholders.
- Create end-to-end design experiences, interaction models and design systems.
- Work closely with interaction designers and audience research analysts to transform data into defensible design solutions.
- Recommend user research for new and existing products, and make recommendations for change.
- Collaborate and interact daily with a team who are as passionate about the user experience as you are.
- Work in a highly efficient, interactive design process using minimal documentation to support your vision.
- Work closely with developers to help build prototypes and refine working products.
- Bachelors or Masters in a design-related field (e.g., interaction design, product design, graphic design) or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a professional visual designer or equivalent practical experience.
- Fluent in all things digital design, including mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML5, CSS3, accessibility, and cross-platform compatibility best practices.
- Above-average understanding of storytelling and a passion for editorial and NPR content.
- Tireless advocate for the user.
- Proven track record of designing and shipping successful products and services.
- Skilled at digital prototyping.
- Experience designing across multiple devices and contexts (desktop, mobile, accessories).
- Have mastery of existing and new prototyping methods.
- Experience working in an agile project methodology.
- Have an active curiosity for emerging technologies, and contribute relevant findings back to the NPR team.
- Are an active participant in the digital design field, including speaking at conferences, publishing articles, and contributing to new products and services.
- Passion for telling compelling stories about your work and presenting it confidently to stakeholders.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, project management, and organizational skills.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a portfolio and resume to be considered.
If you apply for this job, here’s what you can expect in our interview process. If you’re checking out technical or digital roles, here are some additional things you should consider about what you’ll experience at NPR.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here: https://careers-npr.icims.com/jobs/1897/visual-product-designer/job