Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world’s #1pay-TV programmer reaching more than two billion cumulative subscribers in over 220 countries and territories.
Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through nearly 200 worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as US joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Hub and 3net, the first 24-hour 3D network.
Across the Nordic region, Discovery owns and operates SBS Discovery Media, a top-three portfolio of 20 television brands that feature leading nonfiction content, as well as locally produced entertainment programs, sports and the best scripted series and movies from major studios. Discovery also is the leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of digital textbooks, and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including Revision3.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Interactive Project Manager to be located in our Silver Spring, Maryland headquarters.
The Discovery Agency is the internal marketing and creative agency for Discovery Communications which produces advertising and marketing campaigns in print, online, on-air and out of home for all of Discovery Communications networks and corporate initiatives.
We work with all Discovery networks and corporate clients delivering outstanding and award winning campaigns. Check us out at http://agency.discovery.com.
The Interactive Project Manager is responsible for managing all projects within the Discovery Agency’s interactive team, from initial meeting with client and/or internal creative team through final execution and delivery of completed projects. Projects may include websites, microsites, interactive games, email campaigns, electronic press kits, online campaigns, and more. Must have an ability to take the lead on projects and communicate clearly to the team and with clients throughout the life cycle of a project.
1. Work closely with Discovery Agency Creative account team and clients to understand and manage objectives, client expectations, and project timelines for all interactive initiatives.
2. Work with account team and clients to develop scope of work and production schedules that meet client’s communications and campaign objectives for new all new interactive projects.
3. Manage the workflow and scheduling of all interactive projects.
4. Work with interactive team and business partner clients to define and develop scope of work for interactive projects
5. Work with interactive team to determine resources required for each project.
6. Work with interactive, account, creative teams to develop estimates, as required.
7. Create, update, and distribute weekly project status reports to internal teams and clients, as required.
8. Lead team status meetings twice daily and attend account team meetings on a regular basis.
9. Identify possible challenges/obstacles prior to job starting or as scope of work may change and develop solutions that work with strategic objectives, budget and deadline.
10. Understanding of web development technologies and internal capabilities and advancements in development
11. Communicate with other interactive groups within the company to coordinate integration and launch of projects.
12. Work and communicate with Director of Digital Strategy to ensure appropriate resource allocation regarding digital/web work for clients and internal projects
13. Accountable for delivering projects on time, on budget and within scope.
Desired Skills and Experience
* 2-5 years interactive experience in an agency or with corporate in-house marketing/creative group.
* Understanding of cross browser/platform compatibility requirements.
* Familiarity with trends in web standards, accessibility, and usability.
* Thorough knowledge of interactive production process.
* Highly detailed oriented and organized with keen ability to handle high volume, multiple projects simultaneously in very fast-paced environment.
* Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
* A passion for television and the media industry.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Client service oriented with honed diplomacy skills, outgoing and strong personality
* Demonstrates initiative and has ability to work independently, often under tight deadlines
* Excellent time management skills with ability to be very flexible
* Tenacious, with excellent follow up skills
Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employe
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8dg888r