Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world’s #1pay-TV programmer reaching more than two billion cumulative subscribers in over 220 countries and territories.
Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through nearly 200 worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as US joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Hub and 3net, the first 24-hour 3D network.
Across the Nordic region, Discovery owns and operates SBS Discovery Media, a top-three portfolio of 20 television brands that feature leading nonfiction content, as well as locally produced entertainment programs, sports and the best scripted series and movies from major studios. Discovery also is the leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of digital textbooks, and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including Revision3.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Associate Creative Director to be located in our Silver Spring, Maryland headquarters.
Discovery Agency is the 360 agency dedicated to Discovery Communications. Our award-winning agency produces advertising and marketing campaigns for the digital space, print, on-air and out-of-home for all of Discovery Communications networks. We are currently looking for an Associate Creative Director Copywriter for the flagship Discovery Channel brand.
Although working primarily on Discovery Channel, the ACD will have opportunities to work across the portfolio of Discovery Communication brands. Reporting into the Creative Director, the ACD will be jointly responsible for taking client strategy and interpreting it into Big Ideas across a variety of platforms, primarily from a copy perspective. This opportunity is a fantastic merge of the advertising world within an entertainment setting. With that said, it is crucial that the ACD brings 360 and multiplatform experience. If Big Ideas and great storytelling turn you on and you have the experience to do it in an ever changing multiplatform world, this is the place for you. The ACD will also be expected to personally execute projects of varying proportions with a very “hands-on” approach experienced in writing TV spots as well as overseeing and guiding art directors and designers on the team.Outstanding organization and communication abilities are required as well as the know-how to persuasively present work to clients.
1. Help ensure the team’s creative product meet the highest standards of excellence.
2. Solve clients’ creative challenges from concepts to comps, through revisions and ultimately to the final product as required per project. This will require the ACD to personally write copy, make changes, direct photo and video shoots, if necessary, and help oversee production.
3. Assist and mentor creative team in the development of work across a spectrum of assignments. This can include aiding with initial concept development to guiding overall creative choices to helping achieve the finished product.
4. Assist in presenting creative work to clients that is strategic, innovative and effective.
5. Partner and collaborate with account services team to understand and meet our clients’ various business and marketing needs.
6. Work to budgets and within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
7. Attend creative input sessions, client presentations, regular status updates and any and all meetings needed on a per project basis.
* Strong copywriting skills with an outside knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6, typography, page layout and retouching. Animation and motion graphics capabilities a plus
* 7 – 10 years advertising and marketing experience.
* 360 degree and multiplatform advertising experience including TV and print with a strong emphasis on the digital space.
* Substantial experience managing and working with outside vendors, in particular photographers, retouchers, artists and illustrators and digital developers.
* Well-versed in digital design, UI experience and working knowledge of the leading technology and software critical to our industry. Programming background a plus.
* Must be team oriented, able to assist multiple team members on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
* BFA degree or copy related degree
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zvyttqn