CCTV-America is looking for an Assignment Editor to work on the international Desk in Washington, DC. Strong candidates must have at least 3-5 years network or major market newsgathering experience. Candidates will be required to handle multiple breaking news stories in a fast paced network newsroom environment. Candidates must be willing to work all shifts including weekends and overnights.
- Facilitate news gathering process; ensure comprehensive coverage of news stories.
- Enterprise story ideas and work with Reporters or Producers to develop and cover stories
- Manage the logistics of day-to-day assignments for local field crews
- Dispatch crews and information in a timely and organized manner
- Conceptualize platform integration with Producers, Reporters, Photographers and other personnel in a timely and organized manner.
- Conceive distribution of content between news platforms: TV/Web/Social Media
- Anticipate special news events and conceptualize plan for content integration
- Work with the Assistant News Director, Managing Editor and Executive Producers to effectively use available resources in managing operations and to develop standards and processes for optimal performance
FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE.
All positions require previous television and international coverage experience.
To apply, please send your CV and relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org