Under the supervision and direction of NPR’s Picture Editor, the intern will assist with editing photos for news and feature coverage on NPR.org. Additionally, the intern will have opportunities to pitch and cover stories.
Works with digital news teams to assist with visual story development including:
• Editing staff, freelance and wire photos
• Post-production of photos for the website
• Researching and pitching original story ideas
• Excellent writing, researching and editing skills
• Ability to work quickly, accurately and under deadline
• Flexibility and creativity needed
• Strong photography skills
• Video and audio skills a plus
Please upload your multimedia projects or a list of links to your work, if available. If uploading your projects and the attachments are too large, please enter the link in your resume and your cover letter.
Before applying, we strongly encourage you to read our Internship FAQ’s here. Please do not apply for more than 3 internships.