|Job Type||Full Time Regular|
|Work Schedule||Subject to change, but will include some weekends|
|Description||The Seattle Times is a Pulitzer Prize-winning news organization, recognized as one of the best in the country. At The Seattle Times, your work matters. We are a family-owned-and-operated company; dedicated to the community we serve. The Seattle Times is seeking a video editor to help grow our award-winning video operation. The video editor will work with material generated by photojournalists and reporters to create video content for all newsroom departments including features, metro, breaking news, sports and investigative reporting enterprise. The ideal candidate will be able to bring a fresh approach to daily video editing and provide video training to newsroom staff when necessary.
Our video team has created work that has been recognized with local, regional, and national awards, including Edward R. Murrow Awards and an Emmy nomination. We are looking for a video editor that can help us move the bar even higher while maintaining an understanding and commitment of responsibility and accountability to the local Seattle community, the subjects we cover, and the content we produce.
Video editors oversee all Seattle Times video content, ensuring that The Seattle Times meets its strategic goal of producing a consistent, predictable stream of accurate, ethical and visually engaging videos each month. In addition, they will perform other duties related to managing pool video equipment, publishing video content, managing video archives, training video skills across the newsroom and other video-related tasks.
● Edit material from various sources to produce video content on a daily basis that engages audience by complementing and extending the Times’ storytelling.
● Must have a minimum of two years experience as a Video Editor for a news organization or have equivalent relevant experience.
● Advanced understanding of video, lighting and audio equipment.
● Proficiency using Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and other software used in video production as well as ability to use Times publishing systems.
● College degree in journalism, photography, digital media, film, TV, or related discipline or related field.
● Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and remain calm under pressure while working in a in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
● Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
● Advanced social media and web publishing platforms experience.
● Ability to occasionally lift and carry 40 pounds of heavy photographic and video equipment.
● Ability to both work individually and to collaborate within a large team.
IMPORTANT! APPLICATION PROCESS:
If you have any questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Times is a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer. Learn more about our company at seattletimescompany.com. Apply here: https://rn22.ultipro.com/SEA1004/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=87
JOB: Video Editor (Seattle Times)