Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level
WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is building a unique retail destination for fashion jewelry by addressing the unmet needs of both consumers and designers. Since launching in January 2011, BaubleBar has resonated with consumers and tastemakers alike, having been picked up by a wide range of outlets from editorial WWD and Vogue to popular Us Weekly and The Today Show to celebrities like Rihanna and Gwyneth Paltrow. We love color-blocking, tequila and the occasional afternoon dance party.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Ideal candidates are entrepreneurially-minded self-starters with a demonstrated passion for beautiful photography. The BaubleBar team is comprised of individuals who thrive on finding intriguing solutions to ambiguous problems, possess the desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced environment, and are considerate of one another. Interested candidates should work well in a flat organization, and excel at communicating with individuals across a diverse range of disciplines. You should also love frozen yogurt – we eat a lot of it.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
BaubleBar is seeking a full-time, in-house Junior Photographer. This role will work alongside our Photographer and Art Director to refine the photography according to the brand requirements, as well as prepare all image files for migration to the live ecommerce environment. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a brand consistency of imagery and color, as well as file renaming and cropping according to product references. This individual will also require a keen eye for detail and quality control.
The Junior Photographer will report to the Art Director and work closely with the entire Creative team.
• Photograph product sell shots for web as per the company style guide
• Photograph more complex still lifes while working with members of the Creative team
• Be able to light reflective and complex surfaces
• Style jewelry as per the company style guide
• Process files (organizing, naming, cropping, sizing and color correcting)
• Keep the studio organized and ensure all products are photographed on time
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
• 1-2 years experience in working in a high volume, deadline-driven production environment, fashion and product ecommerce industry experience preferred
• Ability to work quickly without sacrificing overall image quality
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, as well as Capture One
• Knowledge of Profoto Strobes and Canon DSLR photo equipment
• Adaptability to learn new tools and processes
• Strong organizational skills are a must
*** All applicants must submit an online portfolio or PDF with still life photography samples.