The next Multimedia Immersion will take place in Syracuse NY on May 13th through 17th, 2014. It is an intense, five-day, hands-on training workshop for visual journalists looking to expand and grow their multimedia skillsets using the latest technology.
Our focus is on mixing photos, video and audio content and editing them into multimedia presentations.
To view a showcase of examples of video storytelling from the Multimedia Immersion click here.
Our previous students have ranged from multiple Pulitzer Prize Winners, Best of Photojournalism winners, the current White House Photographer, academics, editors, students, working professionals and freelancers all looking to supercharge their careers.
What You Will Learn:
- Effectively planning and developing your story to save time on your workflow and increase the quality of your pieces
- Professional audio recording techniques in the field from audio documentary experts
- Hands-on explanations and experiences on how to use audio, video and photo gear — along with recommendations on gear
- Training on how to shoot visuals for multimedia storytelling including techniques for documentaries and working as a one-man-band or mobile journalist
- Hands-on video production editing training and experience on Final Cut Pro X and ethics and legal issues
- How to navigate modern freelance and business issues when working in multimedia
- Inspiring information on how the most cutting edge multimedia projects were created from the industry leaders that worked on them
Every student will produce their own finished, professional project — from capturing all the content to editing to compressing the final files.
Hands-on Coaching: Unlike other multimedia training workshops, we provide the most personalized training experience with the lowest student-to-teacher ratio (with about 20 coaches for 40 students). Students will be personally coached by industry leaders and the best educators in the country.
Tools: Students will be provided with computers and software to use for the week from the S.I. Newhouse School for Public Communications at Syracuse University. Cameras from Canon and Nikon will also be provided for use on site.
Students are strongly encouraged to bring whatever audio and video equipment you use on an everyday basis so learning can be done on gear that will be used back at home in the field. But if you cannot bring your own there will be equipment onsite for you to use.
More info here: https://nppa.org/training/multimedia-immersion