MediaStorm is looking for a Business Development Associate to focus on the intersection of business development, marketing and distribution. The ideal candidate should have an intimate understanding of the online video marketplace and world class writing abilities.
This is a short-term position supporting our Executive Producer while our Director of Partnership Development transitions in and out of maternity leave. The position is located in Brooklyn, New York beginning in April with the possibility of extension.
Applications must be submitted by February 14th, 2014.
Update (3/21/14): Application deadline has been extended. Interest candidates can still submit their application for consideration.
Collaborating closely with the Director of Partnership Development, this person will:
- Grow MediaStorm’s client base
- Participate and engage in high-level meetings with potential clients, funders, storytellers, and investors
- Follow-up persistently with clients and potential funders
- Develop detailed client project proposals and case studies
- Implement the company’s overall business development strategies
- Conduct background research on client, investment, and funding opportunities
- Research possible distribution outlets, festival submissions, etc. for MediaStorm’s films
- Research the online video marketplace and provide insight on opportunities to leverage the MediaStorm Platform – an online video player and content management system
- Make sure MediaStorm’s work is widely seen, recognized, and has impact
- Research and implement syndication and distribution strategy
- Maintain and continue to build MediaStorm’s key distribution relationships
- Implement MediaStorm’s impact evaluation framework
The successful applicant should have:
- A passion for interactive, multimedia storytelling
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Experience executing media distribution and partnership deals
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team
- Ability to self-manage and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work virtually and to travel as necessary
- Ability to move comfortably between journalism, non-profit, and corporate sectors
- Strong writing and communication skills