AP invites applications for the position of Videojournalist, based in Shanghai.
The position involves covering news events in China and in neighboring countries. Coverage of sports events, entertainment events, and feature stories may also be required.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Involves covering news events in China and in neighboring countries. Coverage of sports events, entertainment events, and feature stories may also be required.
• Demonstrated ability in video story telling
• The ability to write in English to broadcast and digital standards
• The ability to operate a video camera in a newsgathering role
• Experience in desk and field producing for a television news agency (or equivalent)
• The ability to edit video in both linear and non-linear formats
• Fluency in written and spoken English required
• Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin required
• Holds or is able to obtain long term work permit for mainland China
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.