Job: Video Content Development Specialist
Job Location: Camden, London, , United Kingdom
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Who You Are:
You are plugged into the commercial video world; you know videographers, video production houses and are a regular at the main video production trade shows and conferences. Alternatively you are immersed in stock photography with a passion for video and can articulate what makes a top selling clip. You are target driven, tenacious and very persuasive. You can convince production houses and other potential contributors that licensing their clips through Getty Images and iStockphoto will grow their revenues. You are visually literate, commercially orientated and can innovate new sourcing strategies to help the content team to radically grow the volumes of commercially relevant video clips
Your key deliverable will be to significantly grow volumes of new video content through recruiting new contributors to Getty Images and iStockphoto. The content will be focused on our Royalty Free license model and cover key subjects including regional needs. You will also provide creative direction to key contributors and partners to create clips matching these priority needs. In addition you will support the Creative Research and Product teams in understanding customers unmet video needs and support the Sales and Marketing organization evangelizing the video offer internally and externally. As part of the role you will also help curate and edit collections in line with our evolving video content strategy.
This role has a global remit and will require European and some International travel to develop relationships with contributors and educate internal sales teams in EMEA and APAC around video content.
Your Next Challenge:
Key Deliverables (70-80% of the role)
• Meet Royalty Free clip targets through pro-actively sourcing and recruiting new contributors and partners who provide video content
• Evolving innovative sourcing strategies with the content team to radically grow the volumes of Royalty Free video contributors and content at scale (e.g through evolving user generated sources)
• Creative guidance to existing key contributors and partners to meet key content needs
• Support the Creative Research team in evolving more effective ways of communicating content needs to the evolving contributor base and driving needed content
• Work with the Creative Research and Product teams to grow the business’s understanding of our customers evolving video content needs
• Partner with sales to grow revenues from existing and new key accounts by improving customer knowledge of our video offer
• Support sales training: ensure all sales staff globally fully understand the product, how to sell it, its USP’s and the depth, breadth and superiority of our content
• Support the marketing, product and customer experience organizations by identifying and effectively merchandising and showcasing premium content
What You’ll Need:
• Education to degree level (ideally in Visual Communication, Media, Photography or Video)
• Several years experience within the commercial photographic/video industry; stock or advertising agency environment is ESSENTIAL
• A network within or knowledge of production houses
• A target driven mentality where you are proactive and tenacious and thrive achieving tangible results
• Strong visual language skills
• Sound project management skills
• Working knowledge of PC and Mac systems
• Experience of working within a team environment
• Art Direction experience is advantageous but not essential
• A good understanding of video capture and broadcast formats
Who We Are:
Getty Images is among the world’s leading creators and distributors of award-winning still imagery, video, music and multimedia products, as well as other forms of premium digital content, available through its trusted house of brands, including iStockphoto© and Thinkstock©.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.