The Associated Press is seeking a Videographer to shoot and edit entertainment video in New York City.
The position will require shooting everything from red carpet events to sit-down interviews with celebrities. Ability to light and microphone subjects as necessary is required. Job requires moderate lifting of camera gear, plenty of on-the-shoulder shooting, ability to climb up and down a ladder to get shots.
The videographer will most often work in tandem with a producer on shoots, but may occasionally have to cover events solo and work independently. When not in the field, videographer will assist with the rest of the entertainment report, which includes in-office video production across AP platforms, reporting and some writing; social media skills will be needed. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining camera gear inventory. This position requires frequent evening work, occasional weekends and some travel for event coverage.
The successful candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• At least three years of experience shooting broadcast-quality video for television.
• Ability to operate the full range of Panasonic P2 HD cameras.
• Demonstrated track record of shooting high-quality sequences and getting the shots needed to tell a compelling visual story.
• Non-linear editing skills and knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the US for any employer is mandatory.