Department: Digital and Print Media
Reports to: Director of Digital and Print Media
The Brooklyn Botanic Garden photography intern will help document BBG’s collections and events; label plant images by botanical name; moderate BBG’s visitor photo group; participate in BBG’s social networks including Twitter and Instagram; and help update photo pages on bbg.org using a content management system. The photography intern will gain great real-world experience and portfolio material.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is one of New York City’s most treasured natural spaces and a vital botanical resource. In addition to its magnificent grounds and plant collections, BBG is esteemed for its education, research, and community outreach programs.
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 6 hours per week for 16 weeks.
This internship pays $10/hour.
- Experience with digital photography; excellent eye for composition and exposure
- Familiarity with garden plants and botanical nomenclature
- Clean command of English language and ability to work within house style
- Proficiency with Adobe design software
- Understanding of digital file organization and metadata best practices
- Experience with photo archiving systems
Please include links to representative photos with your application. Download application here.