Under the supervision and direction of NPR’s Picture Editor, the photo editing intern will assist with editing photos for news and feature coverage on NPR.org. Additionally, the intern will have opportunities to pitch and cover stories.
Works with digital news teams to assist with visual story development including:
• Editing staff, freelance and wire photos
• Post-production of photos for the website
Researching and pitching original story ideas
• Excellent writing, researching and editing skills
• Ability to work quickly, accurately and under deadline
• Flexibility and creativity needed
Strong photography skills
Video and audio skills a plus
(There is also a science photo editing internship and a video production internship for NPR Music).