Video Producer at The Atlantic (DC)
The Atlantic’s in-house production team explores multimedia storytelling in the rapidly evolving world of online video. We produce original documentaries, interview series, and other nonfiction video content for The Atlantic’s digital properties. We also feature a diverse selection of videos by journalists, independent filmmakers, and other creators on the Atlantic Video channel.
We seek an experienced video producer/editor familiar with all aspects of nonfiction video production and a track record of making awesome videos for the web. This producer will work closely with the rest of the video team and be responsible for developing and executing original projects quickly and creatively. The producer will report to the executive producer and work out of The Atlantic’s office in Washington, D.C.
• Developing, shooting, and editing videos on a range of topics in The Atlantic’s key verticals: politics, business, technology, health, entertainment, global affairs, etc.
• Managing the production process of concurrent projects from pre- through post-production
• Working closely with The Atlantic’s other video producers on all phases of production, including shoots.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
• At least 3 years of professional experience in journalistic/documentary video production
• Experience with industry-standard software (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.), DSLR video workflow, and streaming services (e.g. Brightcove). Motion graphics skills are a plus.
• A track record of success creating compelling video for the web
• The ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
• A deep knowledge of online video platforms and social media
• A creative, innovative sensibility and high editorial standards
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.