Digital First Media is looking for an energetic videojournalist committed to reinventing visual storytelling. The videojournalist will join DFM’s Project Thunderdome and work closely with the interactive team to produce fun, social and engaging multimedia packages for our national news, sports and entertainment channels.
The applicant will be eager to pitch story ideas and develop original online video series. The ideal candidate is a bold visionary who enjoys experimenting with new ways to tell stories with video, social, and digital media. The position is in New York City, and may involve evening and/or weekend work.
Project Thunderdome is a fast-growing initiative within Digital First Media. We are a young venture, so opportunities are abundant.
– Shooting and editing national news and entertainment stories
– Developing unique story ideas for spot coverage and long-term video series
– Coaching journalists to shoot video at local DFM properties
– Participating in daily news meetings and brainstorming sessions
Requirements & Qualifications
– Must have at least three years of online video journalism experience, preferably at a digital production company
– Ability to shoot with a DSLR camera and edit with Final Cut Pro X
– Experience producing one-off and episodic video stories ranging from national news and entertainment
– Experience training and teaching others to shoot and edit video
– Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure, professional environment
– A desire to take risks and willingness to adapt to change
– Positive team-building skills and a natural self-starter
– Experience with innovative forms of multimedia storytelling, motion-graphics, studio production, live-streaming, a plus
To apply for this position
~ Please click on the link below and select New York, NY location AND email a cover letter, resume and three to five video clips to email@example.com