Aurora Photos Production Manager
Work with some of the best photography in the world!
Aurora Photos, an independent international photo agency located in Portland, Maine, seeks a motivated, energetic, detail oriented individual to join the Aurora team and manage our digital workflow and photographic submissions process. This is a hands-on position, requiring the individual to immerse themselves in our workflow process.
- Play a lead role in managing image supplier and distributor relationships
- Process and track photographer and supplier agency submissions
- Communicate with photographers
- Develop new workflow procedure and policy
- Update captions, keywords and other metadata
- Distribute Aurora materials to image partners
- Manage back end systems for asset and content management for agency website, auroraphotos.com
- Provide technical assistance to sales team for image delivery
- A bachelor’s degree; strong management and leadership skills.
- At least 2 years of digital media industry / digital asset management experience.
- Must understand the commercial stock and editorial photography marketplace and the conduct of business, with client, photographer and employee relations.
- Must be a team player, who has the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Must be able to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously from inception to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and experience working with photographers and managing photographer relationships.
- Understand the fundamentals of a developing business whose website is both its number one sales and marketing tool and where the digital process and work flow is the sole foundation.
- A basic understanding of intellectual property rights issues as they apply to the licensing of content.
- A passion and respect for photography.
- Experience with Macintosh OS
- Strong working knowledge of Excel or Numbers
- Advanced Photoshop retouching skills and knowledge of image formatting, color profiles, and file formats
- Experience working with asset management programs such as Photomechanic or Adobe Bridge
- Knowledge of IPTC and metadata standards
- Familiarity with Filemaker Pro, MYSQL or other database experience a plus
THIS IS A FULL TIME, SALARIED POSITION WITH BENEFITS. START DATE: IMMEDIATELY. Position is located in Portland, Maine. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send a letter of introduction, resume and references to Karl Schatz, email@example.com