Copyright Alliance Silent Auction & Afterparty
Next Thursday, May 17th, the Copyright Alliance will mark its 5th anniversary, starting with a fundraiser for upcoming education campaigns. ASMP is a member of the Alliance.
Join the Copyright Alliance for an evening with WAMMY award-winning band Lucky Dub at Montserrat House, courtesy of BMI. Party starts at 8:30 pm and goes to midnight (open bar from 8:30 – 9:30pm). Tickets are $25 and are available via Eventbrite: http://copyrightalliance.eventbrite.com.
The silent auction
Thanks to generous donations from Copyright Alliance members and friends, the following items and experiences are being offered to the highest bidder:
- Take Me (and 3 friends) Out to the Ballgame: Enjoy an afternoon or evening at Nationals Park taking in the game of your choosing, with four tickets courtesy of SIIA.
- Rojo o Blanco? Treat yourself and seven others to a journey through Spain’s vineyards, without leaving DC. Enjoy a wine tasting for eight with the National Champion Sommelier of Spain, courtesy of Grapes of Spain and Sandra Aistars.
- Want to get Lucky (Dub)? Local award winning band Lucky Dub will bring their reggae sounds to your next event or party courtesy of BMI.
- Power Lunch at one of the Most Exclusive Clubs in Town Be sure to sample the famous “Senate Bean Soup” while enjoying lunch in the Senate Dining Room with Senator Don Nickles, courtesy of The Nickles Group.
- Do Good, Eat Well, Rock Out Sample foods from DC’s best young chefs while listening to the brightest talent from the DC music scene, curated by Eric Hilton at the 930 Club while supporting DC Central Kitchen at SoundBites. Four tickets, courtesy of 133 Public Affairs.
- Regrets, I’ve Had a Few Ensure your regrets remain too few to mention and don’t miss out on owning sheet music for the Frank Sinatra-sung classic My Way, signed by the songwriter, Paul Anka. Courtesy of Universal Music Group.
- Play Like Bocephus You might not be part of the Family Tradition, but you can bid on a guitar signed by Hank Williams, Jr., courtesy of Robbin Ahrold, President of Century Media Partners LLC.
- Play Dress Up Give your wardrobe a makeover just in time for summer with a personal styling session and $1,000 gift card to DC’s best boutique — Betsy Fisher, courtesy of Betsy Fisher.
- Red Carpet Cocktails and a Private Screening Perfect for a summer associate outing or a special event, host an evening at the MPAA, complete with a cocktail party and private screening in their theater for up to 70 guests. Courtesy of the Motion Picture Association of America.
- See the World Without Leaving Your Couch Enjoy all the wonders of the world with the complete National Geographic collection on DVD courtesy of the Magazine Publishers Association.
- Camera Ready Wish your photos turned out better? Bid on this photography package for an equipment upgrade courtesy of the Professional Photographers of America and receive some pointers during a session with grassroots member, DC based professional photographer Sam D’Amico, courtesy of Sam D’Amico and PPA.
- Let Them Eat Pie Satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious homemade pie from Capitol Hill’s best baker, Ben Staub of Chairman Conyer’s office.
- And the GRAMMY Goes To Find out in person when you attend the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards in Los Angeles. Two bronze tickets, courtesy of the Recording Academy.
- Skip the Line to Movie Magic Take in all of the attractions that Universal Studios theme parks have to offer with front of the line privileges! Four tickets, courtesy of NBC Universal.
- Hail the Redskins from your own box Catch the Washington Redskins in action this fall at FedEx Field from the comfort of your own box seats, with complimentary food and drink, courtesy of NewsCorp.
- Ear Candy Treat yourself or the lady in your life to dazzling rose gold and gemstone earrings from one of Washington’s premiere jewelers, courtesy of Shah and Shah Jewelers.
- Play Ball Like John Wall Or at least look the part in an authentic, customizable Washington Wizards jersey and an official NBA basketball signed by the Wizard’s own John Wall, and enjoy a behind the scenes tour of the Verizon Center courtesy of Monumental Sports Entertainment.