Graphic Designer: Produces visual communication presentations from concept, through production, to distribution by working with customers, a team, or independently, depending on varying circumstances.
Qualifications: The contracted employee(s) shall have a minimum of three years general experience in commercial art and two years specialized audiovisual graphic arts, multimedia creation, presentation authoring experience. Candidate must be able to obtain security clearance.
Ideal candidates will possess such characteristics as:
- Natural Artistic Ability with Personal Style
- An Aptitude for Customer Service
- Adaptability to Grow with Technology and Demanding Working Environments
- Attention to Detail and Organization
- Self Motivated and Deadline-Oriented
- Strong Problem Solving Skills and Out-of-the-Box Thinking
- Appreciative of Constructive Criticism and Pliability to Grow and Improve from it
- Simultaneously Team Oriented and Independent Depending on the Needs of the Project
The Designer shall have the working knowledge of utilizing the latest software, specifically Adobe Creative Suite software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro. Further knowledge of Adobe software is desirable. The Designer must also be familiar with Microsoft office software such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Further knowledge of Microsoft Visio is desirable, as is any experience with web design and publication, virtual reality production, and design and implementation of interactive presentations.
The Designer must have hands-on familiarity with various hardware such as, scanners, and large format printers, etc. Further knowledge of digital cameras and photographic equipment is desirable. The Designer must keep accurate records of work, materials, and effort per project.
The Designer must have experience with customer service and understand the importance of good customer relations in a demanding environment. The Designer must provide service to customers by conferring with clients, interpreting their needs, defining the most effective product to satisfy their requirements and offering creative suggestions and constructive advice for a variety of mission specific goals. Ultimately creative solutions must be both satisfying to the customer, based on the customers’ own vision while maintaining the sophistication and high level of visual communications quality our office strives to achieve.
The Designer must also work in conjunction with printing vendors to prepare files for larger distribution. Knowledge of various printing specifications and processes is desirable.
General Graphic Designer Job Duties:
- Answering Phone Calls, Customers Relations Needs, and Scheduling
- Completing Paperwork Documenting Office Efforts and Work
- Minimal Photography Related Requirements (Training Provided)
- Photographic/Graphic Reconstruction, Restoration, Manipulation
- Studying and Preparing Information for Project Concept Development
- Designing Rough Layouts of Art, Size, Type, Style, and Related Aesthetic Concepts
- Submitting Rough Works to Supervisor and Customers for Approval
- Preparing Final Products by Coordinating with Printing Vendors and Customers
For questions and to apply for this position, please email Nicole Perkins at Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org.