Job Title: Producer, Photography Web Franchises
Job ID: 4455
Location: NG Television; NG Digital Media
Job Type: Regular/Full-time/Exempt
Summary of Position
Producer contributes to, and programs daily, weekly, and monthly content for multiple online photography franchises on NationalGeographic.com. Assists in acquiring new traffic and successfully redirecting it to other parts of the NationalGeographic.com site.
– Creates and plans for production, development, packaging, and promotion of multiple interactive/online photography projects for greatest consumer impact.
– Establishes, documents, and monitors project schedules, budgets, deadlines and deliverables. Communicates project status across the division and assures adherence to established processes and customer experience guidelines.
– Acts as photo editor for photography site, and editorial consult for other site sections in regards to photographic standards. Understands, upholds, and completes rights clearance processes and standards for image use.
– Monitors, interprets, and reports on project performance through analysis of metrics and works with customer acquisition, design, and technology teams to help improve performance.
– Supports programming partners in devising strategies for directing traffic from franchises to other parts of the site. Observes industry and competitive landscape, maintains time records and performs other duties as assigned.
Interns and Agency temps
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelors degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience programming online/interactive projects/products. Specialized training/experience related to specific area of responsibility, namely photography.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, HTML & XML, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, editing software like Bridge, Expression Media, Lightroom, etc. Understanding of, and experience with, content management systems and/or web publishing platforms. Professional writing and editing skills. Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, from kick-off to launch and maintenance. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; highly organized; ability to manage resources and daily priorities; team player with diplomatic temperament and ability to foster a cooperative work environment; ability to manage multiple projects and consistently deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment; deep familiarity with and appreciation for the Web and a passion for photography and effectively presenting photography online/interactive
Equal Opportunity Employer