Dear Friend of FotoWeek DC,
In keeping with our mission to bring you the best of all things photographic, FotoWeek DC and The Newseum proudly announce fotobamaweek, an international photography contest celebrating the Presidential campaign and the Inauguration of Barack Obama.
Take that amazing image during Inauguration week, or find one you have already shot that captures the spirit of the Presidential Campaign, and the Election. Amateur and professional photographers anywhere in the world are invited to enter the fotobamaweek contest.
You may not have a front row seat to the Swearing-In Ceremony, but what about that impromptu moment captured at a campaign rally, or election night at your own private party? Iconic impressions are yours for the taking, wherever you are, here in Washington or abroad. Enter photos taken with digital, film or even cell phone cameras, but please submit them electronically.
* Top 100 winning images, selected by The Newseum’s panel of judges, will be exhibited at The Newseum
* All 100 winning images will be published in a limited edition book sponsored by FotoWeek DC
* Grand prize winners will be announced at a reception at The Newseum.
* Cash prizes totaling $5,000
* All images submitted will be on display at FotoWeek DC’s on-line gallery, along with People’s Choice winners
The fotobamaweek contest opens January 15, 2009 and closes March 15, 2009.
REGISTER NOW: http://www.fotoweekdc.org
Proceeds from the fotobamaweek contest will help continue to fund FotoWeek DC’s nonprofit core activities, including community programs shared with visitors from around the world. Good luck with the contest!
Read Full Post »