Wedded Bliss: Business Skills
Level Three: Professional Business Skills
Dates: August 8, 2011
Cost: $150 (Early Registration Cost: $120 until April 30, 2011)
- Intensive Business Skills seminars for professional wedding studios
- Lectures will take place from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Panel discussions and lectures from local wedding professionals
- Portfolios, presentations and marketing tips
- Software for finance and client management demos
- Guides to professional accounting and bookkeeping
- Information on Federal taxes
- Billing, rates and client financial negotiation how-tos
- Products, albums and promo guides
- Discussions on professional organizations and their benefits
- A copy of John Harrington’s Best Business Practices for Photographers
About the Program
The wedding industry is readily expanding as photographers look for new markets and revenue streams. The photographers and studios that will last are the ones who build sustainable business practices into their growth models. Momenta believes in supporting photographers with professional training at all levels. We believe a stronger photographic community means success for everyone. Therefore, we are offering this one day, intensive business skills workshop to help you take your profitability and business practices to the next level.
Our panelists, speakers and lecturers will cover topics that will help each division of your services. From marketing to finance to client relations and products, we will discuss the many ways you can build your business to be more profitable and successful.
Along with the handout materials and lectures, we are providing all pre-registered participants with a copy of John Harrington’s Best Business Practices for Photographers. John Harrington is a national asset to photographers who offers professional, tested advice on how to make the best financial decisions to grow your business successfully. His book has been considered the “Bible of Freelance Photography” for many photojournalists and studios since it’s first publication.
The workshop will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 5 p.m. at a downtown lecture hall in each city. The morning session will cover topics on Marketing, Client Relations, Presenting Your Portfolio and Products. We will break for lunch (not included in program cost) at noon and resume at 1:00 p.m. We pick back up with an amazing panel discussion featuring local wedding planners and industry vendors on the state of the local marketplace. The final part of the day will feature financial and business management lectures for studios.
We look forward to working with you on this next stage in your business development!